Mysterious debris (deer hair!)

 I came across these tufts of hair while patrolling the yard.

They seem rabbity, or non-domestic cat. I did see some rabbit tracks a few days ago, when we still had snow.




Whatever they're from, I don't think said beast was having a good time. No signs of bloodshed nearby, though.

Update: I've had a few fellows opine that this is deer hair. A couple are hunters and have personal close-up experience.

We had a pretty good windstorm yesterday. This root mass looks freshly lifted. Nice reflection of the dangling bit of ice:


I believe this black spruce is freshly fallen. I did hear a big crack when the wind was howling.



Life goes on:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New birdNET case requires math

removing H2O, not just Rn?

Insulated the outlets - now what?